Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default OT The real reason for "global warming" Ba ha ha

On 8/1/12 10:22 AM, Han wrote:
-MIKE- wrote in
:

On 8/1/12 9:37 AM, CW wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message

On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 02:18:08 -0600, Just Wondering
Physical risk, perhaps. Men have no say in whether their their
unborn daughter's mother can take her life, but if the mother
chooses to let the daughter live, the father has financial and legal
responsibility.

It's the woman's body that is of concern here. I wonder how quickly
opinions would change if men who were the ones that gave birth?
Very quickly.

That doesn't explain the millions of pro-life women.
I bet the woman inside the womb would be pro-life if she had a choice
in the matter.

It would be ideal if we could just make life so that pregnancy would
result ONLY from a conscious decision made with total consent between 2
people. Unless we find a way to sterilize people in a reversible manner,
that will not always happen.

As of now, use of effective contraceptives could and should be higher.
Since totally effective contraception is a(?n?) utopian illusion as well,
we get collectively saddled with unwanted pregnancies. Fortunately, with
increasing education and availability of contraceptives, the number of
unwanted pregnancies is decreasing. There is hope!

While the preferable solution to an unwanted pregnancy would be a birth
at full-term with adoption by a loving family, that isn't always possible
(even if the paperwork was easier).

Yes, adoption should be made easier. It should be made easier for the
thousands of couples waiting to adopt a baby of any color or race.... or
with down's syndrome, or born addicted to crack. There are waiting
lists, people at my church on on them. We agree, adoption should be
made easier.

Moreover, using any female as a
forced upon incubator is reprehensible. Even considering that she might
have gotten pregnant by "negligence". Also, there are many medical
reasons for terminating a dangerous condition, which unfortunately almost
every pregnancy can turn into.

So pregnancy is a blessed state, but only if consciously conceived (pun
intended).

The vast majority of abortions are performed for convenience. Abortions
due to non-consensual sex or danger to the mother's life account for
less than 1/10 of one percent, so that argument has never held water.
Any and all abortion restricting legislation that gotten any traction
contained exemptions for rape/incest and danger to the life of the mother.

Nothing in your argument negates the fact that we are talking about a
human life. Life is difficult. Life is more difficult with an unintended
pregnancy. We were never promised an easy life. The human being inside
the womb will never get a chance to see how difficult or easy life is.
Bottom line, it is a life.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)