Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Why hasn't the NRA stepped up and paid the hospital bills oftheColoradoshooting victums?

In article , Mars@Tacks
says...

On 7/31/2012 2:18 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
In article , says...

On 7/30/2012 4:24 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
In article ,
says...

Tom Gardner wrote:

That was obvious when he said 'the barrel would get warm' in response
to 'what would a burst of 100 rounds do to a rifle barrel'.

Since he never knows what he's blithering about, you'd think he could
Google a few things as not to look like a total idiot ALL the time. But
nope...he's even too stupid to do that.

Firing short bursts was the first thing drilled into you in the
military, so you didn't damage the barrel. Idiots see Hollywood special
effects with hundreds of rounds being fired, non stop from one weapon
and think it's real.

Have you EVER heard a real gun owner use the word "clip" for a box
magazine? THAT'S the true mark of a non gun owner. So, we all KNOW how
full of **** he is about this topic too. Typical lying libtard!

I've heard plenty of "real gun owners" use "clip" for "box magazine".
I've even heard a US Army gunnery sergeant use it.

But maybe you classify "real gun owner" as something other than "person
who owns a real gun".

Clips ARE used by the military, most rifle ammunition is packed and
shipped on clips. Maybe you herd the term used correctly. Plenty of
military people in my family and none would make the mistake of using
the term interchangeably . You can stick up for the idiot, your choice.
There are plenty of other clues that he is a liar, he trips up in
almost every thing he posts.

The sergeant was telling me not to put the box magazine in a .22 at the
time that he called it a clip, so, no, it was not a stripper clip. The
simple fact is that real experts are often far less pedantic about
nomenclature than online wannabees.

As an NRA Certified instructor, we are not allowed to use the wrong
terms, it's confusing to our students. The NRA will often have plants
in classes to evaluate instructors. In the years that I have been
teaching CCW, Basic Pistol, Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, In-Home Defense,
Out of home Defense, Metallic Cartridge reloading, Shotshell Reloading
and Range Officer Certification, I haven't been aware of an NRA plant
but I don't take chances with sloppy, incorrect nomenclature. I believe
your experience is an aberration, AND you should know better.

Believe whatever you want to, it's free country.