Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default Refurbished laptops with office software

John Williamson wrote:
In message , Martin Brown
writes
Would whatever deal Morgan has on refurbed laptops coupled with
Office compatible freeware do the job. Does it have to have full VBA
support and exact Microsoft Office functional compatibility or will
almost do?

Thanks Martin, the complete reply was very helpful.

I use Open Office here, but suspect it is actually too versatile and
complex for what he wants. I'm assuming something like Office 97 would
be about right.

Office 97 will not run with any OS later than XP. It won't even try to
install. :-/

That is a positive advantage!
Fairly soon, XP will get even better - m$ will stop supporting it!