Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default Refurbished laptops with office software

In message , Martin Brown
writes
Would whatever deal Morgan has on refurbed laptops coupled with Office
compatible freeware do the job. Does it have to have full VBA support
and exact Microsoft Office functional compatibility or will almost do?

Thanks Martin, the complete reply was very helpful.

I use Open Office here, but suspect it is actually too versatile and
complex for what he wants. I'm assuming something like Office 97 would
be about right.

He works in a school, but runs a few sports clubs/teams. Maybe some of
them are charities. I'll ask him as I hope to see him this weekend.

What I don't want to do is get involved in any refurbishing myself. He
already turns up with laptops saying "could you just look at this"!
--
Bill