Posted to alt.home.repair
John Doe John Doe is offline

Default Home remedy for hand swelling from bee/wasp sting

Han nobody nospam.not wrote:

"hr(bob) hofmann att.net" wrote

Gat a wasp sting yesterday in the web of my hand betweeen thumb
and forefinger. Minor pain, nothing else. This am woke up
with swelling on back of hand to where the veins and arteies
are not visible,. redness, and somewhat reduced ability to curl
fingers due to the swelling. Too early for dr office to be
open. Any home remedys?

I think you might want to see a doctor ASAP. If it is swollen
that much There may be more going on than a simple prick and
some wasp venom. If the stinger is still in there, it might
have started an infection that will need to be cleaned out.

Definitely go to a hospital.

From what I've read and seen, people who get bit by a brown
recluse spider and don't see a doctor can end up paying dearly
with their flesh. They don't feel the bite, but they have a sore
that is getting worse, and they don't have it diagnosed.

Generally speaking, a sore that is getting worse is a very bad
thing. Probably doesn't matter much whether it's an allergic
reaction, an infection, or a really nasty toxin.