Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 18v Rechargeable Battery

On Aug 1, 7:39*am, "John Grabowski" wrote:
Is it best to run an 18v battery completely dead before recharging??
Or should I recharge it when it's low but not completely dead? *This
would be one of those Black & Decker batteries for all their battery
operated tools.

*You should check the tool manual for charging. *It varies according to the
type of battery. *I bought a Porter Cable drill last year with NiCad
batteries which I had always thought needed to be run down before charging.
However according to the manual the batteries can be recharged at any time.

The old "memory" problems with nicads seem to have been alleviated and
now you don't have to completely discharge them before recharging.
However, if you have nicads that are more than 4 or so years old, they
might still have the memory problem.