Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default Home remedy for hand swelling from bee/wasp sting

On 2012-08-01, Frank wrote:

While at our swim club, I was bitten by a yellow jacket on the finger
and it was swollen by the time we got home. I took benadryl but
swelling continued and the whole hand was swollen in the morning. I
called the doctor and by the time I saw him after lunch the swelling was
progressing down my wrist. It was like the sting was going to take over
my whole body.

I think that sorta thing comes and goes, but should not be ingnored.
I was stung many times by a nest of wasps when a small child, so am
rather aprehensive around the stripy lil' turds. Lotta pain, but no
swelling that I recall. My other stings have been varied over the
years. Once, stung on big toe, foot swelled to size of football (age
13)! Less swelling a few years later (16). No swelling at age 48.
No swelling, but extreme itching fer 2 wks at age 60. If you get
swelling, I would recommend medical care immediately. It could be an
allergic reaction, which can be fatal.

nb

--
"I didn't know I worked here.