Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] docholliday93@gmail.com is offline

Default Parker Knoll Recliner

On Tuesday, July 31, 2012 7:56:25 PM UTC+1, DerbyBorn wrote:
I have an old recliner that we could get re-upholstered - but the mechanism
has become a little dodgy. If anyone sits down and leans back a little
vigerously then the chair will recline. (Quite embarrassing as it is
usually an elderly person that gets caught out!).As new it needed quite a
deliberate action.
It is a N30 Model. The upholster firm will not touch the mechanism. I
wondered if anyone has any tips?

I have no specific knowledge of this chair but some of the recliners I've seen have something analogous to a friction damper in the mechanism - if there was something like this maybe the friction pads have become worn or the mechanism loose?