Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default Parker Knoll Recliner

DerbyBorn wrote:

Find out which part of the mechanism is responsible for the latching
action and fix it. This is the DIY group after all.

I thought it was also a forum for sharing knowldge. Hsaving looked, there
doesn't seem to be a latch or detent. I think something merely goes 'over-
centre'.
Hoped that someone had tried to fix this and wanted to share their
experience. It is fairly difficult to see how the parts react with each
other when it is turned over. Perhaps I need a 4-post lift!

Maybe my reply was a little blunt in retrospect. Sorry I don't have
explicit knowledge to share on this.

Over centre mechanisms don't necessarily offer stiffness of movement but
they do rely on precise distances between pivot points to get the
required action.
Maybe these have worn. If they are rivet joints maybe further peening
over of the rivets might expand the rivet body to remove slack in a pivot?
Would fitting a spring somewhere restore the correct feel to the action?

Bob