Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default Roof jobs, and needing a helper

Gunner Asch on Tue, 31 Jul 2012 16:40:36 -0700
typed in alt.survival the following:
On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 13:57:41 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com on Tue, 31 Jul
2012 14:04:23 -0500 typed in alt.survival the following:
pyotr filipivich fired this volley in
:

Those who were the 1, could "do" something about it. The fourteen
had to just hope.

Pyotr, _everyone_ could do something about not taking drugs in 'Nam.

True. But my point is, the guys at the pointy end, can at least
shoot back - which serves as a sort of stress relief.
The guys in the rear with the beer and the gear - couldn't shoot
back, and well, there really wasn't a "rear".

Actually...yeah..there was a rear. And most troops never saw or heard
anything other than a distant shot or explosion. While they may have
known they were in "indian country"...the other 14 really didnt have too
many concerns. Heat, rain, boredom, overwork, warm beer, lackanooky,
late mail, dust. Shrug.

Shrug, I was too young, so I don't know. Just what I heard, and
that comes with a grain of salt. "For the heat."

And the whole notion that Vietnam Vets all did dope all the time -
bishwah. Most of them probably just drank. B-)

Some of us only drank on R&R..or rather...I&I. The rest of the
time..even the beer sucked.

I'll take your word for it.

pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake