Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default What could possibly be under stucco that can't be drilled through

"dadiOH" wrote:
Vinny P. wrote:
I mounted an 802.11 WiFi antenna and was dismayed to find two drill
bits dulled (I don't think I've dulled more than that in my entire
life) just trying to drill an inch through stucco to mount an antenna.

There is 'something' as hard as a steel beam one inch under the stucco
near the roofline that just can't be drilled through.

What could possibly be there (in the wall?)?

Steel, probably. Once you are through the stucco switch to a regular twist
bit - masonry bits are good for masonry, not much else - and try your luck.

I might also think you could see into the hole with a light after going
through the stucco.

Greg