Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default pain levels

"Michael A. Terrell" on Tue, 31 Jul 2012
13:55:25 -0400 typed in alt.survival the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Most "bureaucrats" aren't unsympathetic, we'd really like to help.
It is because we know the rules, that we can do things like "Nope,
can't put a deck in back of your house. However, there is an
exemption for a 'wild life observation platform'." Unless you are a
dick, in which case "oh, I'm s--o-o-o-o sorry, but regulations forbid
that." Or "require", whichever is more burdensome to you.

The last time I tried to get a building permit they looked at a 50
year old map and told me the lot didn't exist, and was a half mile out
in the water. I went ahead and built my shop, and framed the letter. I
hoped code enfarcement would show up some day so I could tell them that
it was low tide, and my houseboat was stuck on a sand bar.

LOL.

You and my friend Petros.
--
pyotr filipivich
Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake