Posted to rec.woodworking
Just Wondering Just Wondering is offline

Default OT The real reason for "global warming" Ba ha ha

On 7/31/2012 10:57 AM, Han wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote:
The amount of sunlight striking the Earth is not the issue. The issue
is that there is no proven technology for utilizing it that has been
developed to a point where we can start construction on 1000 GW worth
of new plants this year.

If we're going to do what the global warming people calculate that we
need to do and solar is part of the package we need to put real effort
into developing the technology to that level. But we can't wait for
that to happen.

And another issue is that somebody has to figure out how to do
something about China. Even if the entire rest of the world stops
producing CO2 at all, the Chinese will still be producing nearly as
much as the rest of the world combined was when China signed Kyoto.

I fully agree. But should that absolve us of the responsibility to do
what we reasonably can do??

I have yet to see a persuasive argument disputing the concept that, on a
global scale, a little global warming would be a GOOD thing.
Arguments for local disruptions, yes. Arguments for global catastrophe, no.