Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT The real reason for "global warming" Ba ha ha

In article ,
says...

Larry Blanchard wrote:

The article is from today's newspaper. Here's the difference:

"Last year, following an intensive research effort involving a dozen
scientists, I concluded that global warming was real and that the
prior estimates of the rate of warming were correct. I'm now going a
step further: Humans are almost entirely the cause."

I had a good friend who introduced me to the concept of "Quality Control
Thinking," which consisted of asking the appropriate, simple, question. In
this case, the question is:

"So what?"

If you push the global warming people for what to do about it, most say
"well start building solar".

If you actually check their numbers you find that we have to clean up
200 gigawatts worth of production every year for the next half century.

If they're right this isn't something we can be half-assed about. We
have one technology that produces no carbon emissions, and that is fully
developed and ready for production. But the greenies like it even less
than they like global warming, and so nothing has been done.

McCain listened to the global warming people and in his campaign he said
what he was going to do about it and his numbers were spot on. We saw
where that got him.

Personally I don't give a crap anymore. It's clear that nobody is going
to do anything about it except posture and use it as an excuse for more
taxes. So either it's going to happen or it's not and either it's the
end of the world or it's not, and putting energy into whining about it
is a waste of effort.