Posted to rec.woodworking
CW[_8_] CW[_8_] is offline

Default OT The real reason for "global warming" Ba ha ha

"Han" wrote in message ...

"CW" wrote in
m:

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

Han wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote in
:

Han wrote:

My personal feeling is that if there is a chance you can prevent a
lifetime of suffering, for instance by in vitro fertilization and
checking whether the embryo does suffer from a genetic defect, then
you should consider that.

The point is... what is that "lifetime of suffering" that you and
Larry talk about? Fine for you to think about that in the context
of your own perfect lives, but do your really know anyone who lives
these conditions? Have you really ever met and gotten to know
anyone who is really living through this stuff - or are you guys
just "deciding" for them what should be, based on what you think,
but do not know? I think both you and Larry have a lot to learn...

I have not been personally involved, and once there is a child I'd
likely do anything to help that child,

Well - they are all around you, so why not go and do all of that
"anything to help that child"? Sorry Han - but this is just so much
BS. These people are all around us. To say "if...." is just a bluff.
I really do not see you as that kind of guy...

but read up on OI, and the
suffering involved.

"suffering"? As in the use of that term to justify your killing off
of those people? How about - they do suffer through things, but
suffering is not a word that they would apply to their own lives -
that is you word to make yourself feel comfortable in killing them off
before they are born. They would tell you that life sucks for them in
some respects, but that life is very good for them in others. You
really need to research OI more Han. Like everything else you
"research" here... Look deeper.

I am not sure that the disease is really
inherited, more likely a "sporadic" mutation, so you wouldn't know
until it is too late.

So what - big deal. It is what it is.

OTOH, there are tests for Huntington's and
other diseases. If that were to run in a family, I'd want to know
and take precautions so my children wouldn't get it.

And so - would you kill those children just so you did not have one
with that condition?
At no point did he advocate killing anyone. I don't agree with Han a
lot of the time but in this case, he makes perfect sense.

Thanks, CW. I don't think that Mike Marlow unsderstood fully what I was
trying to say.
He fully understood. He is a pro lifer that believes that abortion should
never be an option and pregnant woman should give birth no matter what. The
fact that the kid might be born no matter what the problem, including cases
where the mothers life is in danger. Pro life? No, it's anti woman.