Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two[_2_] Smitty Two[_2_] is offline

Default home surveillance cameras

In article
,
Robert Macy wrote:

On Jul 29, 5:27*pm, Smitty Two wrote:
Asking for recommendations for a video camera/recorder system for home
security. Costco sells several "Q-See" brand packages, but I'm a little
skeptical about the quality, based on the price. I'd rather buy 2 or 3
high quality cameras than 16 mediocre ones. (OTOH I'm not much
interested in ****ing away money unnecessarily.)

More or less open to any suggestions about specific brands to buy or
avoid, or suggestions on other aspects of the overall system that I
should be paying attention to.

Burglar alarm is monitored, and sheriffs DO respond quickly, but I'd
still like to get clear images of anyone who decides to do a smash and
grab when no one is home. Have no idea how many pixels that would
require, or other camera specs. I've seen too many TV shows of liquor
store robberies where the security footage falls way short of providing
clear images of the perps.

you should post your request in
alt.security.alarms
from that group's recommendation for superCircuits, I bought 4 cameras
of a potential 8 camera system.
Incredible quality of video. The cameras were external day/night
vision which meant they had a ring of red LED's around the lense that
provided illumination at low light levels. unless you looked directly
at the camera you couldn't even see these red LEDs when they were on.

They are powered by 12Vdc, so you can run low voltage cabling, not
120Vac around

if you can find my name recommending the system you'll get a better
description. Any questions, I always reached a human.

Thanks. I'll check out the website. Your thread on the referenced group
seems to have expired from Eternal September's server.