Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Dont know the extension cord value

bob haller wrote:
On Jul 30, 10:22 am, wrote:
On Sunday, July 29, 2012 3:26:18 PM UTC-4, Novel8 wrote:
Why would they rate them the same 16 gauge? I wouldn't even attempt
to buy that one.

Because it's the diameter of the WIRE, not the thickness of the
insulation, that determines gauge.

Indoor cords don't need as much insulation because they are not
being dragged around on sharp stones or whatever other obstacles may
be out in the yard.

I was at a BORG store when a customer inquired about running a
extension cord stuffed in the control joints of his driveway.

the clerk tried to explain why it was a bad idea.....

I finally added if anyone walks on your driveway espically in wet feet
they could get electrocuted thats when the shopper admitted the cord
was for a swimming pool for kids

Yep. It's not TOO hard to run the wire UNDER the sidewalk.