Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
Neville M Wiles Neville M Wiles is offline

Default Lets roll!

On 7/30/2012 2:52 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
Neville M Wiles wrote:

On 7/30/2012 10:11 AM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 12:53:16 -0400, "
wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 06:55:52 -0700, Neville M Wiles
wrote:

On 7/30/2012 12:15 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 16:14:06 -0700, Oren wrote:

In Californictionstain, I understand a single 30 round mag in your car
-- no guns or ammo within thirty miles of you car is a crime. They
will lock you up back behind the down yonder.

No, thats not true in the slightest. Even 40 rnd mags are legal here.

gummer ****s it up again.

From the California attorney-general's FAQ page on firearms:

9. If I have a large-capacity magazine, do I need to get rid of it?

No. Continued possession of large-capacity magazines (able to
accept more than 10 rounds) that you owned in California before
January 1, 2000, is not prohibited. However as of January 1,
2000, it is illegal to buy, manufacture, import, keep for sale,
expose for sale, give or lend any large-capacity magazine in
California except by law enforcement agencies, California peace
officers, or licensed dealers.

http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs#9

It's nice that you support what Gunner said.

Gunner said: "... not true in the slightest".

Exactly. gummer, the liar and dole scrounger, meant to suggest that
anyone could acquire a magazine with a capacity greater than 10 rounds.
That's absolutely false. *NO ONE* (other than law enforcement) may
legally acquire one in California. gummer may not lawfully acquire a 40
round magazine to keep in his ******** in Taft, CA.

Actually all he said that they are legal..

Generally, they aren't legal. In fact, I'm surprised that the law
grandfathered existing ones as of the effective date of the law. If
they can ban the manufacture, sale, importation and transfer of any of
them after that date, then they could just as well have banned them
outright. Note that if someone owning a grandfathered high-cap magazine
dies, the estate item cannot lawfully pass to any heir in California.

The liar and dole scrounger, gummer, very definitely was trying to
suggest that high-cap magazines are generally legal in California, and
that's false.