Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
Neville M Wiles Neville M Wiles is offline

Default Lets roll!

On 7/30/2012 2:02 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:11:51 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 12:53:16 -0400, "
wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 06:55:52 -0700, Neville M Wiles
wrote:

On 7/30/2012 12:15 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 16:14:06 -0700, Oren wrote:

In Californictionstain, I understand a single 30 round mag in your car
-- no guns or ammo within thirty miles of you car is a crime. They
will lock you up back behind the down yonder.

No, thats not true in the slightest. Even 40 rnd mags are legal here.

gummer ****s it up again.

From the California attorney-general's FAQ page on firearms:

9. If I have a large-capacity magazine, do I need to get rid of it?

No. Continued possession of large-capacity magazines (able to
accept more than 10 rounds) that you owned in California before
January 1, 2000, is not prohibited. However as of January 1,
2000, it is illegal to buy, manufacture, import, keep for sale,
expose for sale, give or lend any large-capacity magazine in
California except by law enforcement agencies, California peace
officers, or licensed dealers.

http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs#9

It's nice that you support what Gunner said.

Gunner said: "... not true in the slightest".

If there were some way of proving that a magazine was manufactured prior
to 2000, then I suppose you could have a bunch of large-capacity
magazines that you acquired after that date and plausibly say you
obtained them earlier, but if you got caught with a high-cap magazine
manufactured after that date and the state could prove it, then
Counselor Gummer's advice is just going to be laughed at and you'd go to
jail.

He said they're legal. Your article doesn't refute that.

IF you owned it before January 1, 2000. They are now banned from
purchase or import for the average Joe.

A gun shop in Las Vegas will not sell you one if you have a California
address and identification from that state.

They ask for ID in Vegas to sell magazines? Odd...no problem in
Aridzona.

You cannot buy or acquire a magazine with greater than 10-round capacity
in Arizona or Nevada and lawfully bring it into California, gummer.