Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT The real reason for "global warming" Ba ha ha

Han wrote:

I appreciate that, Mike, and I honor it as well. As I said, I have
not been in the position (knock on wood), and would not now know what
I'd have done. Of course it would have been my wife who would have
had to make the decision, not me. But, theoretically, let us go back
to the sickle cell example. If both parents are heterozygote, the
theoretical chance of getting a baby who is homozygous (and who would
likely get into real big trouble at some point) is 1 in 4, as is the
chance of a baby without sickle cell at all. Theoretically, it is
possible to do in vitro fertilization and choose the embryo with the
best chances for a healthy life for implantation. Just an example of
possibilities. I am agnostic, but I could say that God has given us
the ability to do the best possible. Is it necessary to throw that
ability away and just go with the throw of the dice?

Thanks for understanding Han. What you raise above is not for this group!
That conversation could go on to what would likely be the longest thread in
the history of this newsgroup - and we've had some pretty long ones here.
We clearly think differently and I would enjoy discourse in that area, it's
just that I don't believe we ought to open that Pandora's box here. Email
me if you want and we can bat it around a bit - and if you'd prefer not,
that's ok too.

--

-Mike-