Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT The real reason for "global warming" Ba ha ha

Han wrote:

Thanks, CW. I don't think that Mike Marlow unsderstood fully what I
was trying to say. At "worst" I am advocating that a couple who know
they /may/ (note emphasis) be getting a child with a dreaded disease
such as Huntington's get counseling and testing done. With an eye on
not implanting an embryo that tests positive, or aborting in an early
first trimester abortion a fetus like that. Knowing they have
another chance for a child without the problems. And I know this is
easy talk for someone who hasn't had to make the decisions. As I
said, I would respect ANY decision such a couple make.

There are indeed children all around with problems. I am NOT going
out of my way to find them to help them, but the few who are around
near us I help as I can. I also contribute to worthwhile
organizations of my choice.

I may come across as harsh Han, but I'm one who has a problem with the whole
abortion thing and that included - or maybe even is more intense, when it
comes to aborting "defective fetuses". Personal opinion, I realize but I
have a big issue with that line of thinking. Does not matter to me what
trimester it is in.

--

-Mike-