Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve[_43_] Steve[_43_] is offline

Default Comparison

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:5011ab1c$0$51116
:

"Pat Barber" wrote:

We all have our favorites and while you don't think there is any
real
difference in a $100 and $20 blade, just think about this the next
time
you are standing in front of that spinning blade with blade tips
going a few hundred feet per second toward you:

1. Who brazed those tips on and with what ??

2. Who inspected that blade and made sure it was perfectly flat ?

3. Who made sure that the blade is perfectly balanced for 4,500
r.p.m. ?

4. Has the person doing that ever seen a table saw ?

Finding a serious comparison is very unlikely.

Don't forget to wear your safety glasses and Kevlar vest while
woodworking.

Nuf said.

Trying to save $80 on the cost of a high performance (high risk) tool
such as a carbide tooth saw blade is pure folly IMHO.

Lew

I agree with Pat and Lew on this one. My WWII has been in constant use
for the last two years and it still cuts as smooth as the day I put it
on.