Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Car tire balancing at home possible?

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 14:03:57 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Jack Skolasky" wrote in message
I think trying to figure out how to balance your own wheels is just
absurd.

Five trips to two tire shops hadn't cured speed-dependent steering
wheel shake.

Brake drums and rotors have been known to be out of balance, too. Did
either of those shops balance the front wheels -on- the vehicle? I'm
guessing that the front suspension, tie rods, drag link, idler
bushings, and wheel bearings were tested and were tight & proper.

BTW I learned to do my own spot-free drycleaning as a field sevice
tech. Working in unfamiliar places with only carry-on luggage can be
more difficult and uncertain than backpacking in the mountains. And in
Flint MI, more hazardous.

Because of your fluids? (If not, what did I miss?)

--
When we are planning for posterity, we ought
to remember that virtue is not hereditary.

(comparing Paine to the current CONgress deep sigh)