Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Why hasn't the NRA stepped up and paid the hospital billsoftheColoradoshooting victums?

"J. Clarke" wrote:

I've heard plenty of "real gun owners" use "clip" for "box magazine".
I've even heard a US Army gunnery sergeant use it.

But maybe you classify "real gun owner" as something other than "person
who owns a real gun".

You didn't call it a 'gun' in the Army. It was a 'weapon', which
they were quick to remind those who forgot. Usually followed by 20,
and having to recite: "This is my weapon, this my gun! One is for
shooting, the other is for fun!!!"

As an NRA Instructor, we are not allowed to use the term "weapon". We
use "Firearm", "Sidearm", "Rifle", "Pistol", etc. "Weapon" has a
negative connotation and most of our instruction is geared to sport
shooters, just a small portion of our teaching is CCW. There are
thousands of NRA sport shooting events every year and the NRA's prime
directive is education in safety and these events.

The only thing that I add to the program is by insisting that my
students have a gun safe. I also strongly recommend continuing
education, training and LOTS of regular practice. My CCW students are
encouraged to join IDPA. We have a chapter at our local club. Between
teaching, training and programs, I shoot over 1k/mo. Thank goodness I
have an endless supply of range lead but always looking for Linotype and
wheel weights, range lead tends to be too soft and needs alloy
adjustment. There are just too many .22s and jacketed slugs in the mix.