Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electromics.basics
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default Loony Question for Today

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 17:16:41 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 16:53:26 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Loony Question for Today...

Only today?

Which produces more HEAT, a 40W Incandescent, or a 40W Halogen bulb?
...Jim Thompson

Overly simplistic reply for today....

Hint: Infrared oven lamps are halogen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halogen_lamp#Safety
"Halogen lamps get hotter than regular incandescent lamps
because the heat is concentrated on a smaller envelope surface,
and because the surface is closer to the filament. This high
temperature is essential to their operation. Because the
halogen lamp operates at very high temperatures, it can pose
fire and burn hazards."

That's a weenie answer. I suppose you'd say I should use CFL's ?:-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |