Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Traffic Cameras and Google Earth Why hasn't the NRA stepped up and paid the hospital bills of the Colorado shooting victums?

"J. Clarke" on Sat, 28 Jul 2012 16:15:19 -0400
In article ,
says...

"Jim Wilkins" on Sat, 28 Jul 2012 13:31:58

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
.. .
Arrgh - not your fault, but I have a distinct dislike for Google
Map/Earth. Apparently, they've never heard of "I want a close view
from overhead. I do not want to try and navigate the streets view."
Farkign geeks.

tschus
pyotr

They recorded it with camera pods atop cars, not from helicopters.

Yeah, I know that. But if I zoom in close to the ground, say to
look and see if there is a sidewalk there, or what might be behind a
building , the default assumption is that I want the street view.
Which of course doesn't know about back alleys, side streets, or what
I am looking for.

The idea is that when you get so low that the vertical imagery they have
is useless anyway due to lack of resolution, they switch you to street
view.

That is what I've learned. It sucks, and you can't zoom up. I
don't want street view - most of the time it is not available where I
want to look. And getting "back" is non-intuitive.

There was a time when it would simply display "Sorry, we don't
have a better resolution". and leave it up to you.
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the