Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Evans[_2_] Mark Evans[_2_] is offline

Default Flat-screen TV - "temporary" wall mounting

Robin wrote:
Tenant would then be free to screw his TV
bracket to the wooden panel;

Any thoughts?

Only one: how do you stop a tenant putting, say, M12 x 100mm expanding

Not sure anyone actually makes them in this size.

bolts through the wooden panel into the bricks? Steel plate behind the

If someone can can drill 20mm holes in plywood and masonary they are
unlikely to stopped by steel. Titanium or tungsten carbide is likely
to cost more than the eighth of a litre (or so) of mortar needed to
fill such holes.

ply? (I'm not sure I'd be happy to trust to screws into 3/4" ply of
unknown provenance.)