Posted to uk.d-i-y
brass monkey brass monkey is offline

Default OT Fat people AGAIN

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Jo Stein wrote
ARWadsworth wrote

"This to me says that the big reason that Westerners are getting fat
is because we eat too much - it's not because we exercise too
little," said Dr Pontzer.

Well I could have told him that.

Every sunday I run for 2 hours and today I was thinking about this
problem while running - how many calories did I burn during that run?

You'll be amazed at how little it was when you calculate it.

Please find the answer for me. I think that it is very difficult to loose
weight by running,

Yes, but that's not the reason its recommended,
the reason it is that it does stop the metabolism
dropping when it sees a reduced calorie intake.

and I know that there is a simple method
that works. Just skip the breakfast.

Trouble is that that approach really ****s my day completely.

And I don't have anything much for breakfast, just a ****ing great thick
slab of wholegrain toast and marmalade, not even any tea or coffee.

If you never tried that, you do not believe me. It is a very simple and
efficient method.

But is completely ****ed for me. The only time I will do that voluntarily
is when I have to get a blood test and I deliberately show up for that as
early as they open so I can have breakfast as early as possible after
that.

In the morning your body is burning fat as a sleeping bear.

Yes, but that's not at a very great rate, because you arent doing much.

If you then skip the breakfast, you will continue to burn fat.

There is no alternative if you don't eat anything.

You will be surprised to discover that at lunchtime you are no more
hungry that if you started the day with your ordinary breakfast.

I don't bother with lunch at all.

If you drink water, you can continue to burn fat for about 30 days.

But that can produce some serious health problems.

The stoneage hunter could not take the risk to skip a meal.

Oh bull****. They had no alternative when there was nothing to eat.

I can do it as I live in Norway, were we have good protection against a
sudden shortage of food. Maybe also in England :-)

If you do not like this method of loosing fat, the reason may be that you
think like the stoneage hunter.

Nope.

As surviver of various famines we are programmed to never skip a meal.

Have fun explaining why I havent bothered with lunch for 40 years now.

That's easy, you don't have time due to typing ******** on here.