Posted to alt.home.repair
harryagain harryagain is offline

Default Any experience with home blood pressure cuff

"Vinny P." wrote in message
My wife has been harping on me to buy her a blood pressure cuff.
Personally, I'm not sure what she plans on doing with it.
I don't know anything about them.

Anyone here have experience with home blood pressure testing?
Any recommendations?

As you get olderyour blood pressure tends to increase, especially if you are
a fat git and eat lots of hamburgers.
You arteries tend to block.
This leads to the danger of a stroke or a thrombosis.
In a stroke a blood vessel in the brain ruptures through over pressure.
You might die or be severely incapacitated if you survive.
So it's handy to monitor your blood pressure.

If high you will need drugs to combat the problem.
Most of these gadgets come with a booklet outlining what the test results
mean.
You must act if there is an abberation. VERY important. You might dies if
you don't.

In the UK everyone is monitored for free for lots of life threatening
conditions.
Only in the USA and other third world countries do you have such healthcare
problems if you are a serf.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_pressure