Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Any experience with home blood pressure cuff

On 7/28/2012 4:48 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 18:37:11 +0000 (UTC), "Vinny P."
wrote:

My wife has been harping on me to buy her a blood pressure cuff.
Personally, I'm not sure what she plans on doing with it.
I don't know anything about them.

Anyone here have experience with home blood pressure testing?
Any recommendations?

Omron seems to have good units. My wife uses one and my son (who is
in the medical equipment business) recommends them.

We have an Omron. It has a RTC and the ability to track two separate
users. The readings matche the DOCs mercury sphygmomanometer.

They are very accurate, but, you have to know a little about what
affects the readings to get consistent and accurate readings. Simple,
really, what you get after some activity is not the same as what you
get after relaxing for 15 minutes. Follow the instructions, take the
readings at about the same time and activity level.

You may want to experiment just to see the differences. Take a
reading, go split a half cord of wood and take another readings.