Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_14_] Doug[_14_] is offline

Default Any experience with home blood pressure cuff

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 16:48:49 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 18:37:11 +0000 (UTC), "Vinny P."
wrote:

My wife has been harping on me to buy her a blood pressure cuff.
Personally, I'm not sure what she plans on doing with it.
I don't know anything about them.

Anyone here have experience with home blood pressure testing?
Any recommendations?

Omron seems to have good units. My wife uses one and my son (who is
in the medical equipment business) recommends them.

They are very accurate, but, you have to know a little about what
affects the readings to get consistent and accurate readings. Simple,
really, what you get after some activity is not the same as what you
get after relaxing for 15 minutes. Follow the instructions, take the
readings at about the same time and activity level.

You may want to experiment just to see the differences. Take a
reading, go split a half cord of wood and take another readings.

Hard to split a half a cord of wood around Houston suburb. On the
other hand I have a picture of a cousin of mine in Ogdensburg, NY who
splits his own word at his retired age. Come to think of it with all
my wisdom or lack of, what is a cord of word in terms of quantity?
Obviously I'm a city boy unlike a lot of my cousins from upstate NY.