Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default park bench for my yard

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 11:22:53 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) "
wrote:

And t his elusive FAQ:
14. *What can I do to protect my furniture and make it last longer?
Q: *With proper care and maintenance, your product should give you
years of enjoyment.

A brick under each leg should spread the weight nicely. Keep the wood
finished, recoat every year rather than waiting for signs of damage
and then recoating.

I'm not very good at regular maintenance. But since I posted I went
to HDepot where they had only two benches on display, outside, but one
looks pretty good
http://www.homedepot.com/buy/two-per...l#BVRRWidgetID
The webpage doesn't give the price and when I click Local Store
Pricing, it doesn't work, but at the store they said 150 marked down
to 120 . I maybe should go buy it now, but I'll wait until tomorrow.

All aluminum with some sort of bronze finish

(Will that wear off? It comes painted black, too. That I could
repair.)

A little narrower than most, 43 inches, but that will look better in
my situation.

And t he seat was comfortable. The back could have been more
comfortable but it was still good. It's not like I will sit there for
hours. If I could find something like it with a different pattern, I
wouldn't be able to sit in it before ordering. .

4.9 out of 5 on 7 ratings, a lot higher than all the other HD benches.

Thanks.