Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Traffic Cameras and Gogle Earth Why hasn't the NRA stepped upand paid the hospital bills of the Colorado shooting victums?

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sat, 28 Jul 2012
08:50:56 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Let me see if I have this correct. The "only" way to get make a
left through the intersection is technically illegal, and you want to
put a camera up to prevent traffic from moving.

No. The traffic turning left gets 50% of the green light while
traffic in the other direction is stopped. They just keep turning until
the light in the thru lane turns red instead of stopping when the
oncoming traffic has the right of way. Sometimes you sit though four or
five cycles before you can drive straight thru the intersection becasue
of all the illegal turns. There were days that it took an extra 15
minutes to get home from work because of them. Some were dump trucks
heading to their parking lot on that road and they didn't even slow down
before racing through the intersection.

Ah, I miss understood. In that case, heck, have the cops show up
and hand out tickets till they can get the camera installed. They can
fund the camera installation.

They are the worst during shift change when the couple cops in that
small town are off the streets

The intersection is at SE 110th St. & SE Baseline Rd. The traffic
turning north is the problem.

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&q=Belleview+fl+map&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x88e7d1c4090cc44d:0x5f45bebe28b0d9e2, Belleview,+FL&gl=us&ei=Hd0TUPmuD9LC6gH3tYDQCw&ved= 0CAkQ8gEwAA

Arrgh - not your fault, but I have a distinct dislike for Google
Map/Earth. Apparently, they've never heard of "I want a close view
from overhead. I do not want to try and navigate the streets view."
Farkign geeks.

You used to be able to select any point and resolution for a link on
Goggle maps. No more.