Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Traffic Cameras and Gogle Earth Why hasn't the NRA stepped up and paid the hospital bills of the Colorado shooting victums?

In article ,
says...

"Jim Wilkins" on Sat, 28 Jul 2012 13:31:58

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
.. .
Arrgh - not your fault, but I have a distinct dislike for Google
Map/Earth. Apparently, they've never heard of "I want a close view
from overhead. I do not want to try and navigate the streets view."
Farkign geeks.

tschus
pyotr

They recorded it with camera pods atop cars, not from helicopters.

Yeah, I know that. But if I zoom in close to the ground, say to
look and see if there is a sidewalk there, or what might be behind a
building , the default assumption is that I want the street view.
Which of course doesn't know about back alleys, side streets, or what
I am looking for.

The idea is that when you get so low that the vertical imagery they have
is useless anyway due to lack of resolution, they switch you to street
view.