Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Any experience with home blood pressure cuff

On Jul 28, 1:37*pm, "Vinny P." wrote:
My wife has been harping on me to buy her a blood pressure cuff.
Personally, I'm not sure what she plans on doing with it.
I don't know anything about them.

Anyone here have experience with home blood pressure testing?
Any recommendations?

I got the Harbor Freight wrist unit a couple of years ago for 15.99 at
my local HF. Unit seems to be fine, the numbers agree very closely
with what the Dr/nurse get when I have it done there. The trick for
the wrist unit is to place it as shown in the directions and to hold
your hand at the elevation shown and with your fingers slightly
curled, but not tense, as shjown in the instructons. I would say it
is within 4 points at 120, and less than 3 points at around 65. I did
have to push one piece of the cuff back into the plastic housing when
it came loose one time, that's all. It also gives pulse rate.
Totally happy.