Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default park bench for my yard

micky wrote:

I wanted to get a two-seat park bench for my yard, but I don't want
the legs to sink into the ground, and I want it to last a long time.

1) I don't have patio space to put it and don't want to make more, so
I want to put it right on the grass or in the bush/ivy bed. In either
place won't it sink fairly quickly (an inch or two a year) into the
dirt?

I like a pressure treated 2x4 'ski' under each side. We're all tall
folks, so we appreciate the extra 1 1/2". I put a bit of a 45 on
each end so when I mow it slides out of the way easily.

Most legs have holes for screws so you can screw it fast tot he 2x4.

Jim