Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave in Texas Dave in Texas is offline

Default Dark ages of architecture

"Doug Winterburn" wrote in message
.com...

On 07/28/2012 08:33 AM, Leon wrote:
On 7/28/2012 6:17 AM, Dave in Texas wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message

Well you either knew how to build homes or you did not. These homes in
the Texas area still look relatively good. You seldom see any
indication of foundation problems or cracks in the brick. I have
probably helped to repaint the interiors of a dozen of these homes and
they still look great, no cracks in the sheet rock.

That would explain why I see Nolan Ryan pitching Olshan foundation
repair every time I turn on the tube.
Actually, foundation failures are very common in the Houston area.

Dave in Texas

Actually foundations are a problem all along the Texas gulf coast.

....and in the Arizona desert when poured on top of the caliche soil.

Isn't caliche wonderful stuff? Especially when wet.

Dave in Texas