Jeremy

Default Q Re Sanding Sealer

Oscar wrote:

Jeremy,
I only messed with about 1 bft, just experimenting with some
finishes....first sanding sealer followed by high gloss poly. Looks pretty
good but I'm going to try just toung oil next, experiment with 3-4 coats,
maybe more. I got my old teak entertainment center out of storage this
weekend (living room is finally done). I never really examined the piece
until now, it is really beautiful wood...the grain or texture really jumps
out at you (reminds me of quilted maple in a way). Unfortunately, it is
veneer over a cheap particle board and not quality construction. An
excelent way to make a fine wood cheap.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make the texture jump out and grab
your attnention?

Jeff

BTY, I took samples to work to gloat...I send any prospects your
way......If I cant have it all......crap.

A couple of light layers of pure tung oil or a mix with linseed and a
clear finish over the top if you do not want to keep oiling throughout
the life of the piece. Two or three coats of sanding sealer also does
the job quite well.

Jeremy
Contact me for cheap teak