Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Dark ages of architecture

On 7/28/2012 6:17 AM, Dave in Texas wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message

Well you either knew how to build homes or you did not. These homes in
the Texas area still look relatively good. You seldom see any
indication of foundation problems or cracks in the brick. I have
probably helped to repaint the interiors of a dozen of these homes and
they still look great, no cracks in the sheet rock.

That would explain why I see Nolan Ryan pitching Olshan foundation
repair every time I turn on the tube.
Actually, foundation failures are very common in the Houston area.

We were discussing tract homes built in the 50's to mid 60's. Those did
not have post tension slabs, which are the majority of the slabs that
Olshan specializes in. PTI slabs became ubiquitous in this area in the
late seventies, and are the one's that pay Nolan's fees. Almost every
tract home built in this area since then has a PTI slab.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010