Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Sony KDL40SL140 TV no 3.3V standby power?

bill free wrote in message
Mark,
Thanks for the good advice, you were correct, something is pulling down

the
standby power. I unplugged the connector for the wiring leading from the
ps board to the tuner board and with the connector off there is 3.3 V
standby power on the ps board pins. So maybe the problem is on the tuner
board and not the ps.

I think this may have been caused by a nearby lightning strike about two
days ago. There is no visible damage to the tuner but it probably got
tested in that storm. I usually unplug the antenna when there is

lightning
but neglected to do it this time.

"Mark Zacharias" wrote:
"bill free" wrote in message
Fuse at power supply input is OK. AC is present at first stages of ps
circuit but can't find any DC. I have the schematic but there are no

test
point voltages shown on schematic except at standby output connector.

No
voltage present at any pins at the ps output connector. I presume the

ps
is the problem but wanted to ask here if it could be anything else

before
buying another power supply.

-- toro

I would say just makes sure it's not being loaded down. See if it comes

up with no load.

By the way, sometimes you can get the boards cheaper from second

sources,
like ShopJimmy or Tri-State Module.

Mark Z

--
toro

I hope you have 3 foot long insulated tongs for that antena isolation
operation.