Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts[_2_] Jeremy Nicoll - news posts[_2_] is offline

Default Mortice lock not closing

"Brian Gaff" wrote:

I have a door that has warped giving a similar result. I just filed a bit
off the plate. the snag that I had not bargained for is that the warp
changes with the weather, thus making it loose or OK.. Sometimes one
cannot win.

Careful application of some of the stick-on door seal products (sold by B&Q
etc) can provide enough stuff to fill the gap when a door is loose while at
the same time not blocking it when the door is tight. It does mean you may
well not have the seal running all round the frame and/or that you might
have more than one thickness of the seal in different places around the
frame.

to replacing "aaa" by "284".