Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Why hasn't the NRA stepped up and paid the hospital bills of the Colorado shooting victums?

On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 23:22:06 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in
news:U6KdnVel4OUkaozNnZ2dnUVZ_rqdnZ2d@scnresearch. com:

And then of course there are people like YOU...

KooKs....who do not realize that government is "by the people and
for the
people" and who instead imagine "government" as being some kind of
evil,
uncontrollable monster that was created by lazy, selfish
individuals in
order to make life miserable for everbody else [...]

That's not what it was created as, of course -- but that *is* what
it has become.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_P...of_Bureaucracy

That reminds me of another Niven/Pournelle saying (which I'm waiting
for Gunner's Great Cull to bestow upon the American public.)

"Think of it as evolution in action."

--
It takes as much energy to wish as to plan.
--Eleanor Roosevelt