Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default what is this called

On 7/26/2012 2:30 PM, Doug wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 14:15:58 -0400, Frank
wrote:

On 7/26/2012 12:33 PM, Doug wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 08:23:28 -0700 (PDT), Harry K
wrote:

On Jul 26, 7:54 am, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 09:35:36 -0500, "Doug"
wrote:

I have a Moen bathroom faucet and at the end of the faucet there is a
metal band or ring that screws on to the end of the spout that holds
the screen- filter for the water coming out. What is this metal ring
that screws on to the spout called? I guess if I don't have the name
I can describe it like this but I prefer the name if any. I'll check
the Moen web site later today to see if that helps. Thanks.

Faucet Aerator Assembly
--

screen holder thingy.

Harry K

I began to read the replies and when I read yours, I laughed aloud. I
like it !!!!!

Moen site shows parts and sells all of them.

Right. Actually they send me the part for free (lifetime warrantee).

I've only ordered one part and called it in and gal was able to identify
it and take order. I had to pay for it, maybe $10. If I had looked
around I could have got for $2 elsewhere. It was a lever with a ball on
it that raises and lowers the sink drain plug. Not until later did I
find part diagrams, e.g.:

http://www.azpartsmaster.com/moen-ch...schematic.aspx