Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
mike mike is offline

Default Lets roll!

On 7/26/2012 3:32 PM, Atila Iskander wrote:

"mike" wrote in message
On 7/21/2012 5:26 PM, Richard wrote:
On 7/21/2012 7:14 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
During the Colorado shooting, wasn't there one person who said "Oh,
well,
I'm dead anyway" and charged, and tackled the shooter? Or did they all
run
ad hide? I guess not?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

I think it's a little unfair to ask that of civilians.
They thought they were going to a movie.

But one guy with a CC permit and a clear line of fire might have saved
some lives that day.

That fellow would have been...
1) shot by the police.

Really ?
Why ?

If you have to ask, you haven't thought about it.

2) sued by everybody in the theater

Really ?
Why ?

My hearing was damaged by the cowboy sitting next to me shooting.
I was hit by an ejected shell casing.
I wouldn't have been shot if the cowboy hadn't drawn fire.
The ambulance chaser talked me into joining the suit so I could get some
free $$$.
Everybody's glad they got out alive until the lawyers get in the act.

3) God help him if he accidentally hit anybody.

Really ?
Why ?

Probably manslaughter, but I don't know the exact laws involved.
You don't shoot people, period!!!
Sorry, your honor, the guy just stood up when I was shooting at the perp.

After 911, I got a carry permit, primarily so I could
take a pistol in the car or motorhome without hassle.
I also carried it on the street for a while.
It gave me a false sense of security.
I determined that ANY action that I took would
involve WAY more risk to me than any help it could provide.

That's you
But that does not make it true for anyone else

Ordinary people shouldn't carry guns.
But I'd defend their right to do so.

You're right
And since only 1-2% of the population chooses to carry, they definitely
are not ordinary like you

Unless you happened to be very near the shooter with a clear line of
sight, and there's a high probability that YOU will be shot,
the possibility of collateral damage is WAY too high in a theater.

Your questions suggest that you shouldn't be carrying a gun.