Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Comparison

On 7/26/2012 12:12 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 7/26/2012 11:57 AM, Leon wrote:

I would suspect a damaged Forrest blade. These things get tossed around
during shipping just like everything else.

Seeing how all cuts were made on the same saw, with the same setup, I
see no other explanation ... that particular Forrest blade is apparently
not up to the standards we are used to.

I would return it regardless.

That said, it would interesting to try both blades on a well setup
cabinet saw to see the how they fare.

I've seen quite a few inexpensive blades made the first few dozen cuts
quite nicely, but you generally needed three or four blades to get
through a project; while a Forrest will take you through a dozen or more
of the same size projects with the same quality cuts.

Still using the yet to be sharpened Forrest that we used on the never
ending kitchen job last year, the Murphy bed and tower cabinets, cutting
table for Kim, Bryan's bed, Kitchen drawers for our house and the
neighbors house, our new pantry, a corner dining room cabinet, 3 sets
of book cases, and the wall of book cases you helped me deliver a couple
of weeks ago.... did I leave anything out? :~)