Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Dark ages of architecture

MJ wrote in
:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4235348.../set-721576222.
..

Sooo that's who to blame. I've been in more then one of these houses,
over time. One of my BFF's and her first husband had one of them
there split levels. My wife's sister and hubby had one of the
ranches that are too reminiscent of these plans. Ugly, ugly.

I'm waiting for the "This Old House" updates for one of these homes. I
can't wait
for Tommy or Norm talk about the cheap and lazy carpenter
work.

MJ

I think that a recent This Old House series was on just that style of
house, although vastly more upper class then Basilisk's original. They
didn't spare any money redoing it.
http://tinyurl.com/br2vdl8
or
http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/tv/p...esources/0,,10
62246,00.html

And it suffered from original design, craftsmanship or material
shortcomings plenty! --
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid