Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Dark ages of architecture

"Mike Marlow" wrote in
:

-MIKE- wrote:

You know.... it's not any worse than the *******ized amalgamation of
styles that is the norm for McMansions popping up all over suburbia,
today.

I guess it's all a matter of taste. I never did like those styles of
the 60's, so I find them to be far more ugly than the stuff of today -
which I don't mind much at all.

It is a matter of taste. Many people around here (NJ) just love Tudor-
style homes. I happen to hate that, though I can appreciate a well-
designed Tudor in its class. The open, Art-Deco or Scandinavian style of
this drawing that Basilisk linked to is something I can appreciate just as
much, if not more. But "de gustibus non est disputandum"

--
Best regards
Han