Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Comparison

On 7/26/2012 12:50 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
dpb wrote:
On 7/26/2012 12:24 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

We don't know that; all we know is that it wasn't reported, not that
there wasn't a mark...

Actually - he stated a difference.

_Inferred_, not precisely stated.

No, but a a poorly aligned saw can (and probably will) make a good
blade look no better than or even worse than a poor one...if it's not
cutting in line, neither is the other one and neither is up to what
might be if aligned properly.

Correct. Think about that. The $100 blade should not have cut worse - the
same at the worst.

Not necessarily. It's quite possible (and I'd say probable) that the
imprecision in the cheaper covered up defects in the saw the more
precise blade made apparent.