Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dark ages of architecture

-MIKE- wrote:

I guess what I'm saying is, at least it was a style or a step in the
evolution of a style.

All the McMansions around here look like someone bought home design
software for their PC and just started taking chunks of different
house samples they liked and assembled them together to make a big,
absurd, homogenized, stew-pot of architectural vomit.

I grew up in that era and we felt the same way about that architecture back
then. Nothing has changed on that front except that people today look
backwards at things and like to think of them as somehow... different. Not
so much.

--

-Mike-