Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Dark ages of architecture

On 7/26/12 10:47 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:

You know.... it's not any worse than the *******ized amalgamation of
styles that is the norm for McMansions popping up all over suburbia,
today.

I guess it's all a matter of taste. I never did like those styles of the
60's, so I find them to be far more ugly than the stuff of today - which I
don't mind much at all.

I guess what I'm saying is, at least it was a style or a step in the
evolution of a style.

All the McMansions around here look like someone bought home design
software for their PC and just started taking chunks of different house
samples they liked and assembled them together to make a big, absurd,
homogenized, stew-pot of architectural vomit.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--